The Role Of Institution-Based Rehabilitation
Institutional based rehabilitation sets the policy and directions with care standards of homes for children and young persons with rehab or disability-related cases. The care framework in the rehabilitation aims to guide and support the patients at every step, from the homes to their re-entry into the society. Rehabilitation is acknowledged as an opportunity when self-care, family support arrangement, and community options are not enough.
The role of rehabilitation is viewed as a significant help for a person to improve his overall mental and emotional behavior. It offers intervention programs which follow an institution based rehab that aims to equip the person with life skills and knowledge to handle personal issues. It is the institution’s goal to help the patient to function in everyday life.
Institutional Based Rehabilitation Services
- Rehabilitation Process – The rehabilitation process and social reintegration preparation phases extend beyond its functions. The process helps the patient restores the respective areas of his life. It allows him to integrate fundamental factors that affect his decision making and commitments. It brings back the individual’s sense of responsibility to his families, school and society. The process enables him to have a smooth transition back to his healthy way of living.
- Institutional Rehabilitation Aftercare Services – After the rehabilitation process, the patient is given proper support and monitoring, provided with the help of his family. The aftercare service continues to provide service that takes care of the person’s mental, emotional, and behavioral alterations. This type of service tries to reinforce positive values that assist in the reintegration of an individual’s life back to his home and community. Not only the process helps him understand the things he needs to do, but it also gives him the chance to get jobs and rebuild their relationship with respective families.
- Institutional Rehabilitative Strategies – Two key strategies are part of this service. First is the holistic assessment. This strategy assesses the patient in three areas such as education, personal mastery, and socio-emotional development. With the use of the relevant tools, these services objectively and efficiently identify the needs and risk factors of the patient. These set of tools are supervised timely with specific interventions through the creation of individual care plans in every core areas that need assessment. The second strategy is the Individual family and work. The family members are brought together with the patient to conduct a formal conference. This strategy allows both sides to address their behavior that needs to be altered to adjust their relationship for the better.
- Institutional Rehabilitation Programs – This program primarily focuses on essential factors such as therapy, holistic education, personal mastery of habits and self–discipline. In the therapeutic program, the service motivates the patient to rethink everything, assess reasoning, react to sessions and manage relationship building. For the education program, the service provides sessions for restoring self-belief and strengthening the foundation for future learning. The personal mastery of habit focuses on strength and weaknesses. It broadens horizon, adapts to skills, and explore opportunities. And self-discipline manages to evaluate the person’s overall capability to adjust to stressful situations.
- Restorative Institutional Rehabilitation – This program focuses on restoring lives, empower transformation and recreate the patient’s future. It possesses a multidisciplinary approach in its work that draws plans from a variety of fields such as psychology, education, criminology, and social work.
Institutional rehabilitation plays a significant role towards reestablishing the life of its patient back to the society. It provides a safe environment for improvement and a foster care program during the rehabilitation process. The institution maximizes the strength and potential of its patient, not only for himself but also for his families and the community.